How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Jobs are for suckers, but I still need one

After three months of sitting around here in Minneapolis, it's finally time I get a little serious about where my next paycheck will come from. I want to teach more than anything else, but there just aren't that many marketing/communications faculty openings here in the TC, and I'm competing with all those damned PhDs. If I were running the world, I'd say my Master's plus 14 years in the business world should count as an honorary PhD. (Oh! KAS! The WHINING is unbearable!!!) That's probably why I'm not running the world, because if that were true ... Bush and the NeoCons would only be the nightmare we had last night that left us cold and clammy, I could eat all the junk food I wanted and still have the 20-year-old figure that I miss, and the majority of my time would be spent on sex and international travel instead of working to pay someone else to hold this old apartment in one piece.

I'm playing a game with myself now. How many faculty positions can I apply for before I either a) lose my mind, b) one of the local schools puts out a restraining order on my e-mail account, or c) someone in these parts realizes that I'm a GENIUS and should be molding young minds. I know that some of you just laughed out loud because you partied with me in college (or more recently for that matter), and you've witnessed firsthand how genius my thought patterns get after too much of the sauce.

Then again, wasn't I supposed to arrive in MN for this sabbatical and start the great American novel? Lost writing from the hard drive crash notwithstanding, I haven't done a lot on that front except for post silly musings on this blog. I did try to draw some illustrations for this great children's book idea I have, and guess what? My illustrations skills SUCK ... I'm somewhere on the level of my 2-year-old nephew as far as that goes.

I don't have much else to say on this subject except for yes, Mike, I'm still thinking about the character sketch thing, and I'll get to work on sharing your story with the world as soon as I can get my head out of my #@$.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's it ... !!!!!! comedy sketches !!!!!! let's do it ! we're funny as shit !!!!!!!

what do you say ...?

-SIEL

March 15, 2007 9:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Partied with you in college????? you were at an all girls school in the middle of mass. I thought it was all tea parties and etiquette. Now High School... those were the days!

May 13, 2007 10:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home